Silicon Dreams: Art, Science & Technology in the European Union draws attention to the currency for transdisciplinary practice across Science, Technology and Art.
The exhibition is organised on the occasion of the Informal Meeting of EU Ministers for Competitiveness under the auspices of the Spanish presidency of the Council of the European Union during the first six months of 2010. It presents artworks selected from an invited shortlist to highlight emerging art forms, and explore creative influences, experimentation and innovation in the field. The final selection was undertaken by The Scientific Committee established by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation for the purpose of the project, and sought to reflect the high level of transdisciplinary research across arts and science. The intention behind the exhibition was not to provide a comprehensive survey but to highlight some of the key moments driving the development of the field.
- Chair: Carlos Martínez Alonso, State Secretary for Research, Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Co-ordinator/Curator: Dr. Joasia Krysa, KURATOR
- Montserrat Toné Escasany, Director General for International Cooperation and Institutional Affairs, Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Clara Eugenia García, Advisor to the Minister’s Office, Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Lourdes Arana Uli, Director General of FECYT
- Elisa Sáinz, CEO of Development of Design and Innovation, Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Alex Adriaansens, Director, V2
- Daniel Canogar, Artist/Programmer, founder of Arduino
- Fernando Castro Flórez, Art Critic
- Dr. Yago Torroja. ETSII School of Industrial Engineering, University Polytechnic of Madrid
- LaAgencia, Secretary of the Committee